There was a game we used to play called Truth or Dare. The purpose of the game was to find out more about each other through questioning or delegating a task. This is how it worked. One player at a time was asked “Truth or Dare”. If the player chose truth, then she had to answer a question truthfully. If the player chose dare, then the she had to fulfill an action as determined by the person who asked the question. Both options can be equally fun and embarrassing. (Depends on who you play with!)
Let’s play a round of Truth AND Dare. I have tweaked the rules slightly. Instead of choosing one, you MUST choose both.
Truth: Are you sharing your knowledge of Christ’s love with others?
- Have you told someone that Jesus loves them?
- Have you shared John 3:16?
- Have you invited them to experience his love through friendship?
- Have you posted, tweeted, or texted Jeremiah 31:3?
Dare: For the next seven days, intentionally, show God’s love to someone. Choose as many as like.
- Render an act of service or kindness.
- Send a text that expresses your love.
- Pray for someone different each day.
- Forgive someone.
Let’s continue to make loving God, ourselves, and others a priority.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another. John 13:34